Program Overview and Requirements
Because of the nature of our program, certain students, (especially those who may have learning difficulties or may have trouble following directions) may have difficulty in meeting the school’s standards. Therefore, the admission process is designed to identify those students entering grades 6 through 12 who demonstrate motivation and the ability to fulfill the academic, character, spiritual and behavior requirements.
In reviewing applications, the school considers academic performance, standardized test results, teacher and pastor recommendations, and individual and family characteristics. Students must have moderate English speaking skills in order to be successful in our academic program.
Blue Ridge Christian School does not place students in host homes, but we do require our international students to live in an English-speaking, Christian host home.
International Student Application Process
- Complete the required application forms.
- Submit the application together with the nonrefundable $500 application fee. (Applications will not be considered without payment of the application fee.)
- When the international student’s file is complete with the above information, an interview will be scheduled with the parents/guardian, the student and the principal. This interview will generally take place over the internet. There will also be an interview with the student’s host home guardians.
- Receive notification of the school’s final decision. The I-20 will be issued after this is completed.
- Pay the remaining tuition balance in full.