Because of the nature of our program, certain students, (especially those who may have learning difficulties or may have trouble following directions) may have difficulty in meeting the school’s standards. Therefore, the admission process is designed to identify those students entering grades 9 through 12 who demonstrate motivation and the ability to fulfill the academy’s academic, character, spiritual and behavior requirements.
In reviewing applications, the school considers academic performance, standardized test results, teacher and pastor recommendations, and individual and family characteristics. Students must have strong English speaking skills in order to be successful in our academic program.
Blue Ridge Christian School does not place students in host homes, but we do require our international students to live in an English-speaking, Christian host home.
- Meet qualifications for exchange programs as dictated by the agency.
- Must have at least a moderate proficiency in English speaking and comprehension.
- Must be at or above grade level for transfer.
- Must live in a Christian host home.
- Must be in 9th grade to 12th grade.
- Meet the requirements held in the student handbook.
International Student Application Process
- Complete the required application forms.
- Submit the application together with the nonrefundable $100 application fee. (Applications will not be considered without payment of the application fee.)
- When the international student’s file is complete with the above information, an interview will be scheduled with the parents/guardian, the student and the principal. This interview will generally take place over the internet. There will also be an interview with the student’s host home guardians.
- Receive notification of the school’s final decision.
- Complete and sign the Enrollment Agreement form and pay the enrollment fee. The I-20 will be issued after this is completed.
- Pay the remaining tuition balance in full.