At Blue Ridge Christian School international students and foreign exchange students are very welcome!
Blue Ridge Christian School is fully accredited with a challenging academic program. If you are here in our area, please make an appointment to visit our school! We would very much like to meet you and take you on a tour of our school and campus.
Blue Ridge Christian School International Students: Admission Requirements
Because of the nature of our program, certain students, (especially those who may have learning difficulties or may have trouble following directions) may have difficulty in meeting the school’s standards. Therefore, the admission process is designed to identify those students entering grades 9 through 12 who demonstrate motivation and the ability to fulfill the academy’s academic, character, spiritual, and behavior requirements.
In reviewing applications, the school considers academic performance, standardized test results, teacher and pastor recommendations, and individual and family characteristics. Students must have strong English speaking skills in order to be successful in our academic program.
Blue Ridge Christian School does not place students in host homes, but we do require our international students to live in an English speaking Christian host home.
- Meet qualifications for exchange programs as dictated by the agency.
- Must have at least a moderate proficiency in English speaking and comprehension.
- Must be at or above grade level for transfer.
- Must live in a Christian host home.
- Must be in 9th grade to 12th grade.
- Meet the requirements held in the student handbook.
International Student Tuition
- Tuition: $7,000
- Application Fee: $100
- Enrollment Fee: $500
- Book Fee: $500
- Building Use Fee: $700
- Technology Fee: $50
International Student Application Process
- Submit the application together with the nonrefundable $100 application fee (Applications will not be considered without payment of the application fee).
- Submit the following:
- International Parent Questionnaire
- International Pastor Recommendation
- International Teacher Recommendation
- International Student Questionnaire
- I-20 Information Form
- Proof of financial ability
- Copy of student’s passport
- Copy of student transcript from previous two years
- Student’s immunization record
- Copy of the student’s F1 Visa when you arrive in the US
- Academic transcript from our current school along with an English translation
- International students must show the necessary English skills with the following test: TOEFL Junior. Total standard score must be 745 or higher.
- When the international student’s file is complete with the above information, an interview will be scheduled with the parents/guardian, the student, and the principal. This interview will generally take place over the internet. There will also be an interview with the student’s host home guardians.
- Generally, the principal will notify the parents/guardians of the school’s final decision.
- The Enrollment Agreement Form must be completed, signed and the $500 enrollment fee paid, before the I-20 will be issued.
- Remaining tuition balance paid ($7,500) in full (USD) by August 1.
Thanks for your interest in Blue Ridge Christian School! Click the link to download the International Student Application Packet.